Kalari Chikitsa - Marma Treatment
Kalari Kendram is the Center for Marma Chikitsa or Kalari Chikitsa in Delhi is a specialized method of treatment, to remove damages on vital parts of the body. Kalari Chikitsa originated through “Kalaripayattu” Kalari Marma was used in Kalari to injure and hurt opponents it was also used to heal a person through touch. Marma Chikitsa specializing in treatment of orthopedic disorders, sports injuries and neuromuscular problems like back pain, spondylitis, arthritis, inborn imperfections of human body etc.
During Marma Treatments the practitioner works with vital energy points on the skin where blood vessels and nerves intersect, affecting the health of the skin, bones, joints, nerves and internal organs. Marmas are 107 divine, sacred energy points where the physical (anatomical) and subtle energy body meets. Massaging the marma points “activates the body’s inner pharmacy, changing the biochemistry, and can unfold radical, alchemical change in one’s makeup.” The topic of marma points is also part of Kalari Ayurveda (the science of yoga). Some of the great, sacred texts of Ayurveda, such as the Sushruta Samhita discuss and explore Marma points.
Kizhi- Herbal poultice
Treatments for Common Bone, Muscle Related injuries are treated at Kalari Kendram, such as:
- Neck Injuries: Neck pain/stiffness, stretched muscles.
- Shoulder Injuries: Dislocations, rotators cuff injuries and so on.
- Arm & Elbow Injuries: Muscle pulls, tears, tennis elbow etc.
- Thumb & Wrist Injuries: Blows on wrist, sprains, minute fractures.
- Back Pain/Injuries: back bone or muscular problems, slip disc.
- Hip & Thigh Injuries: Groin strain, muscle tears, dislocations.
- Calf & Shin Injuries: Pains or cramps.
- Knee injuries: Includes knee pain, ligament tear, etc.
- Ankle & Foot Injuries: Sprained ankle, twists, minute fractures.
- Back aches, body stiffness etc. due to long working hours on computer.